Hobart is the leading supplier of equipment, systems and service in the food industry. Hobart offers the broadest line of equipment including cooking, food preparation, refrigeration, bakery systems, warewashing and waste systems, and weighing, wrapping and labeling systems.
Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with branch offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Quebec, Toronto, Ontario, Edmonton, Alberta, and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company employs more than 200 people. Included in this number are over 100 service technicians providing nationwide service, effectively making Hobart Canada the industry’s largest service organization within the food manufacturing industry.
Hobart Food Equipment Group Canada is looking for a Service Technician for Moncton and surrounding areas. Hobart is a well-established company providing competitive wages and benefits.
This position requires knowledge of service and repair techniques involving diagnosing and correcting malfunctions of Food Equipment and Retail Store equipment. This technician will perform field service consisting of adjusting, aligning, assembling, calibrating, inspecting, lubricating and testing of commercial food prep/kitchen equipment. Have a strong electrical knowledge, good troubleshooting skills and mechanical knowledge. Clear understanding and able to read wiring diagrams. The candidate would be required to work with limited supervision. An outgoing personality with strong communication skills and a desire to succeed in a customer focused environment would be an asset.
Other duties include:
- Assisting others in equipment installations or in performing major repairs
- Attending, completing service training schools and audiovisual field training, as required
- Assisting in obtaining service/preventative maintenance contracts
- Assisting in product demonstrations
- High school diploma (minimum)
- College graduate of a Mechanical – Electrical – Electronic course would be an asset
- Excellent mechanical/electrical/electronic aptitude
- 2-3 years of relative experience is an asset
- Ability to learn new technology
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record
- Able to travel to the USA and attend training schools
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Be organized, accountable and self motivated
- Excellent customer service skills
- Valid gas fitters license required
- Competitive Pay
- Competitive Group Insurance Benefit Plans
- Company Pension Plan/ with Company Match
- Company Provided: Service Vehicle, Laptop, Tablet, Cell phone
We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.