Hobart is the leading supplier of equipment, systems and service in the food industry. Hobart offers the broadest line of equipment including cooking, food preparation, refrigeration, bakery systems, warewashing and waste systems, and weighing, wrapping and labeling systems. Headquartered in Toronto, Ontario with branch offices in Halifax, Nova Scotia, Montreal, Québec, Toronto, Ontario, Edmonton, Alberta, and Vancouver, British Columbia. The company employs more than 200 people. Included in this number are over 100 service technicians providing nationwide service, effectively making Hobart Canada one of the industry’s largest service organization.
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager – Quebec, the Territory Sales Representative – Quebec will be responsible for outside selling and the solicitation of food service equipment to both new customers and existing customers in the territory. This includes territory management of assigned dealers within the geographic region and all sold equipment destined for the assigned territory.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintain and grow both internal and external customer relationships.
- Maintain the highest level of integrity and work ethic and follow all company policies and procedures.
- Provide sales leads to dealer accounts, monitor dealer activity and promote participation in sales programs.
- Manage spec line sales in partnership with our channel partners targeting institutions, recreation and dealer stocking programs.
- Support all identified dealers, end users and channel partners with maximum effort and support to drive and grow revenue within the assigned territory.
- Assist dealer reps in the field with end users & leads, prepare quotes, track, and secure orders.
- Provide training and technical information as needed on dealer driven products to channel partners, ensure the dealer DSR is proficient and comfortable with all dealers driven products to be supported by the channel partner
- Manage projects with end users in assigned territory.
- Submit timely reports on sales activity, competitive and market conditions
- Attend all local industry functions and travel as needed to support the company and customers
- College diploma or Bachelor Business Administration, Marketing or a related field or equivalent experience required
- 5-10 years of direct work experience in a sales capacity with experience in the Food Service Industry
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (word, power point, excel).
- Basic understanding of Auto Quotes (AQ) is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bilingual (French-English) is a strong asset.
- Proficient in customer relationship management, with the ability to maintain existing customer profiles and add as required.
- Proven record of sales success.
- Strong technical and mechanical aptitude.
- Basic understanding of Financial Statements.
- Ability to make an informed decision using available information on their own.
- Must enjoy selling, working with people and being in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, with high energy and driven by ego to surpass sales goals.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques.
- Some overnight travel will be required
- Ability to travel to the USA is required
We value diversity in the workforce and encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Disability related accommodation during the recruitment process is available upon request. We appreciate all responses and advise that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.