1. Acceptance. Hobart Food Equipment Group Canada, a division of ITW Canada Inc., or any other division, subsidiary or affiliate of Illinois Tool Works Inc. that references these Terms is herein referred to as “ITW”, and the customer purchasing products (“Products”) or services (“Services”) is herein referred to as “Purchaser.” These terms and conditions of sale (“Terms”), any ITW quotation, acknowledgment or invoice and all documents incorporated by specific reference herein or therein (“ITW Documents” and together with these Terms, the “Agreement”), constitute the complete terms governing the sale of Products and Services. ITW HEREBY REJECTS ANY ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS OR CONDITIONS PROPOSED BY PURCHASER, WHETHER OR NOT CONTAINED IN ANY OF PURCHASER’S BUSINESS FORMS OR IN PURCHASER’S WEBSITE, AND SUCH ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TERMS WILL BE OF NO EFFECT. No site usage agreement or any other click through agreement on a website will have any binding effect whether or not ITW clicks on an “ok,” “I accept,” or similar acknowledgment. Commencement of any work by ITW or Purchaser’s acceptance of delivery of the Products or Services will manifest Purchaser’s assent to the Agreement. Additional or different terms applicable to a particular sale may be specified in the body of an ITW Document or agreed to in writing by the parties. In the event of a conflict, the following order of precedence will apply: (a) terms agreed to in writing and executed by an authorized officer of ITW; (b) ITW Document terms; (c) these Terms.
2. Quotations. Quotations are only valid in writing from authorized ITW employees. All quotations are subject to change or withdrawal without prior notice to Purchaser. Quotations are made subject to approval of Purchaser’s credit. ITW may refuse orders and has no obligation to supply Products or Services unless ITW issues an order acknowledgement or upon the shipment of Products or commencement of Services.
3. Prices and Payment Terms. Prices are subject to change without prior notice. All orders are accepted subject to ITW’s price in effect at time of shipment. Prices do not include any sales, use, value-added or other taxes, license fees or like charges (“Fees”) related to the sale, importation or use of Products or Services, and Purchaser is responsible for those Fees. If ITW is subsequently required to pay any Fees, Purchaser shall fully defend and indemnify ITW therefor. Terms of payment are (a) 1/2% 10 days, net 30 days from the date of ITW’s invoice for dealers and (b) cash at delivery for retail customers. Overdue invoices will incur interest at the rate of 1.5% per month, or at the maximum rate allowable by governing law. Additionally, all negotiated rebates, marketing incentives and other incentives will be void and cancelled if Purchaser fails to timely pay any invoice, and any previously paid rebate or incentive shall be returned to ITW. Purchaser’s inspection rights herein will not affect the payment terms. Under no circumstances will Purchaser have a right of set-off. If Purchaser fails to make any payment as required, Purchaser agrees to indemnify ITW for all associated costs incurred by ITW, including reasonable attorney fees and court costs. All parts and service products are not included in any applicable rebate calculations.
4. Credit Approval. All shipments are subject to approval by ITW’s credit department. ITW may invoice Purchaser and recover for each shipment as a separate transaction. If, in ITW’s sole judgment, Purchaser’s financial condition is or becomes unsatisfactory, then ITW may, without prejudice to any of its other remedies: (a) defer or decline to make any shipments except upon receipt of satisfactory security or cash payments in advance; and/or (b) terminate any or all of Purchaser’s purchase orders.
5. Cancellation or Modification. ITW may cancel any purchase order or release thereunder, or terminate any agreement relating to the purchase of ITW’s Products or Services upon reasonable prior written notice to Purchaser. Once ITW has accepted a purchase order or begun taking actions with respect to a purchase order, Purchaser cannot cancel or modify that purchase order except with ITW’s written consent. In such event, Purchaser will be liable for cancellation or modification charges and all costs incurred and committed for the order or in connection with the cancellation or modification, as applicable, together with a reasonable allowance for prorated expenses and anticipated profits. For standard Products, these costs will include a handling charge of 30% of the Purchaser’s purchase price.
6. Inspection / Non-Conforming Shipments. Purchaser must notify ITW in writing of any Products that do not conform to the specifications applicable to their sale immediately upon receipt thereof and afford ITW a reasonable opportunity to inspect such Products and cure any nonconformity. If Purchaser fails to provide ITW such written notice, Purchaser will be deemed to have accepted the Products. Purchaser may not return any Product without ITW’s prior written authorization. Any return authorized by ITW must be made in accordance with ITW’s return policies. Purchaser will be responsible for all costs associated with returns of Products (including shipment costs and all costs incurred to repair, recrate, and restore to new condition) and will bear the risk of loss, unless ITW agrees otherwise in writing or determines that the Products do not conform to the applicable terms of sale.
7. Delivery. ITW anticipates use of common carriers for shipment of Products. Shipping dates are approximate and are based upon prompt receipt of all necessary information from Purchaser. ITW may ship items in a single or multiple shipments. Title to the Products and risk of loss shall pass to Purchaser at the time the Product first leaves ITW’s facility or warehouse. Purchaser assumes all risk and liability for loss and use or misuse by third parties who acquire or use the Products illicitly after delivery. Purchaser must notify ITW and the delivering carrier immediately upon receipt of Products, of any damage or shortage, and afford ITW a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Products. Any loss occasioned by damage or shrinkage in transit will be for Purchaser’s account, and claims for such loss must be made solely against the carrier.
8. Fees. The following fees shall apply to each shipment of Products:
|Freight re-route fee||$100 + freight|
|Same Day (rush) pick & ship fee||$50/item|
|Admin fee for refused delivery||$250|
9. Limited Warranty. ITW warrants that it will convey the Products free and clear of all liens, security interests and encumbrances created by, through or under ITW. ITW further warrants that during the Warranty Period (as defined below), for all new Products purchased in Canada through Hobart Food Equipment Group Canada and installed in Canada, under normal use and given proper installation and maintenance as determined by ITW, the Products: (a) will conform to mutually agreed upon written specifications or other descriptions; and (b) will be free from substantial defects in material and workmanship.
“Warranty Period” means the period denoted below with respect to the applicable type of Product and/or component, from the date of original installation:
In the event of a breach of the warranties set forth above (the “Warranties”), ITW will, at ITW’s option and as ITW’s sole liability and Purchaser’s sole remedy, repair, replace or credit Purchaser’s account for, any Product that fails to conform to the Warranties, provided that (i) during the Warranty Period ITW is promptly notified in writing upon discovery of such failure with a detailed explanation of any alleged deficiencies; (ii) ITW is given a reasonable opportunity to investigate all claims; and (iii) ITW’s examination of such Product confirms the alleged deficiencies and that the deficiencies were not caused by accident, fire, water, misuse, neglect, normal wear and tear, improper installation, unauthorized alteration or repair or improper testing. No Products may be returned to ITW until inspection and approval by ITW. All repairs will be done during normal working hours through ITW Service Centers and will require Purchaser to pay all time and travel charges in excess of 100 kilometers between the location of the defective Product(s) and the nearest ITW Service Center or authorized service agency. Purchaser hereby agrees to be responsible for all such charges. Additionally, ITW may, at its option, require Purchaser, at Purchaser’s cost, to deliver any defective Product to the nearest ITW Service Center.
The Warranty against defects does not apply to: (1) consumable components or ordinary wear items; (2) use of the Products with equipment, components or parts not specified or supplied by ITW or contemplated under the Product documentation; or (3) any Product sold as “refurbished”, “used” or “not new” (or any similar qualifications) (collectively, “Refurbished Products”). All Refurbished Products are sold “as is”, “where is” and “with all faults and/or imperfections,” and ITW makes no guarantee, warranty or representation of any kind with respect to Refurbished Products. Purchaser hereby releases ITW and its affiliates from claims, damages and liabilities relating to or arising from any Refurbished Products. ITW assumes no responsibility for any repairs or replacements, regardless of any prior or different statements for any Refurbished Product. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH HEREIN, ITW MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING NO WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE).
10. Service Warranty. ITW warrants that (a) it will perform Services in a timely, competent and professional manner and in accordance with industry standards; and (b) the Services shall conform to any mutually agreed upon specifications or statements of work. Purchaser’s sole remedy, and ITW’s sole liability, for a breach of the foregoing warranty is for ITW, at its option, to re-perform the Services or credit Purchaser’s account for such Services.
11. Limitation of Liability and Remedies. ITW WILL NOT BE LIABLE, AND PURCHASER WAIVES ALL CLAIMS AGAINST ITW, FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, DOWN TIME, LOST PROFITS OR COMMERCIAL LOSSES, WHETHER OR NOT BASED UPON ITW’S NEGLIGENCE OR BREACH OF WARRANTY OR STRICT LIABILITY IN TORT OR ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. IN NO EVENT WILL ITW’S LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THE AGREEMENT OR SALE OF ITW’S PRODUCTS OR SERVICES EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE SPECIFIC PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AS TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS MADE.
12. Product Use. Purchaser is solely responsible for determining if a Product is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for Purchaser’s method of application. Accordingly, and due to the nature and manner of use of ITW’s Products, ITW is not responsible for the results or consequences of use, misuse or application of its Products. All physical properties, statements and recommendations are either based on the tests or experience that ITW believes to be reliable, but they are not guaranteed.
13. Tooling/Molds/Dies. All material, equipment, facilities and special tooling (including tools, jigs, dies, fixtures, molds, patterns, special taps, special gauges, special test equipment and manufacturing aids and replacements thereof) used in the manufacture of the Products will remain the property of ITW. Any material, tooling or equipment furnished to ITW by Purchaser will remain the property of Purchaser with title to and right of possession remaining in Purchaser.
14. Ownership of Intellectual Property. All drawings, know-how, designs, specifications, inventions, devices, developments, processes, copyrights and other information or intellectual property disclosed or otherwise provided to Purchaser by ITW and all rights therein (collectively, “Intellectual Property”) will remain the property of ITW and will be kept confidential by Purchaser in accordance with these Terms. Purchaser has no claim to, nor ownership interest in, any Intellectual Property, and such information, in whatever form and any copies thereof, shall be promptly returned to ITW upon request from ITW. Purchaser acknowledges that no license or rights of any sort are granted to Purchaser hereunder in respect of any Intellectual Property, other than the limited right to use ITW’s Products or receive the Services purchased from ITW.
15. Use of Trademarks and Trade Names. Purchaser shall not use, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, ITW’s name, or any other trademark or trade name that is now or may hereafter be owned by ITW (collectively the “Trademarks”), as part of Purchaser’s corporate or business name, or in any way in connection with Purchaser’s business, except in a manner and to the extent authorized herein or otherwise approved by ITW in writing. Purchaser hereby acknowledges ITW’s ownership of the Trademarks and the goodwill associated therewith. Purchaser shall not infringe upon, harm or contest the validity of any Trademarks. Purchaser shall be entitled to use the Trademarks only in connection with the promotion or sale of the Authorized Products pursuant to the terms of the Agreement. Purchaser shall reproduce the Trademarks exactly as specified by ITW. Purchaser shall not use the Trademarks in combination with any other trademarks or names. Purchaser agrees that it will not register or attempt to register any Trademark or any colorable imitation thereof (including any non-English language variation thereof), or use such Trademarks for any products or for any purposes other than those set forth in the Agreement. Purchaser shall not at any time during or after termination of the Agreement use in its business any other trademark that is similar to or in any way resembles the Trademarks so as to be likely to cause deception or confusion with the Trademarks. Purchaser shall provide reasonable cooperation to ITW with respect to any efforts of ITW to protect, defend or enforce its rights to the Trademarks. Should Purchaser cease being an authorized customer of ITW for any reason, Purchaser shall immediately discontinue any formerly permitted use of ITW’s name or the Trademarks.
16. Confidential Information. All information furnished or made available by ITW to Purchaser in connection with the subject matter hereof shall be held in confidence by Purchaser. Purchaser agrees not to use (directly or indirectly), or disclose to others, such information without ITW’s prior written consent. The obligations in this section will not apply to any information that: (a) at the time of disclosure was or thereafter becomes generally available to the public by publication or otherwise through no breach by Purchaser of any obligation herein; (b) Purchaser can show by written records was in Purchaser’s possession prior to disclosure by ITW; or (c) is legally made available to Purchaser by or through a third party having no direct or indirect confidentiality obligation to ITW with respect to such information.
17. Audit. Unless agreed to in writing by an officer of ITW, neither Purchaser nor any Purchaser representative, may examine or audit ITW’s cost accounts, books or records of any kind or any matter, or any other data that ITW, in its sole discretion, considers confidential or proprietary.
18. Infringement and Indemnification. Except as set forth below, ITW agrees to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any claims, costs, damages, liability and expenses resulting from actual patent, trademark or copyright infringement, misappropriation of confidential information, or violation of any other Intellectual Property right, domestic or foreign that may arise from the sale of ITW’s proprietary Product to Purchaser as such pertains to the subject matter of the Agreement (each, a “Claim”); provided, however, (a) Purchaser supplies ITW written notice of such Claim immediately after the Purchaser has notice of such Claim, (b) Purchaser cooperates with ITW in the defense and settlement of such Claim; and (c) Purchaser allows ITW the right to defend and settle such Claim at ITW’s expense If a suit or claim results in any injunction or order that would prevent ITW from supplying any part or Product falling under the Agreement, or if the result of such a suit or claim would, in the reasonable opinion of ITW, otherwise cause ITW to be unable to supply such parts or Products, ITW may do one or more of the following: (i) secure an appropriate license to permit ITW to continue supplying those parts or Products; (ii) modify the appropriate part or Product so that it becomes non-infringing; (iii) replace the appropriate part or Product with a non-infringing but practically equivalent part or Product; or (iv) if ITW cannot reasonably accomplish the actions specified in subsections (i) – (iii), then in ITW’s sole discretion, ITW may discontinue selling the part or Product without any further liability to Purchaser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, ITW shall have no liability or duty to defend and indemnify Purchaser against any Claim relating to: (1) the use of any part or Product, (2) the combination of any part or Product with any other part or product not supplied by ITW, or (3) any part or Product or process that is designed or specified by Purchaser.
19. ITW Employees. ITW sales and service employees do not have the training or authority to make legal representations or enter into any agreements or execute any Purchaser documents affecting legal responsibilities or waiving legal rights, including those regarding the transfer of intellectual property rights or related to privacy laws. Any such representations, agreements or documents will not be binding on ITW or such ITW employees.
20. Service Terms. The following terms and conditions apply to any on-site Services provided by ITW:
A. Services will be provided at ITW’s then current service rates.
B. Purchaser shall prepare the site for the Services. If the site is not prepared for the Services upon ITW service personnel’s arrival at the agreed upon time and date for Services, ITW may charge Purchaser for any delay and/or travel time at ITW’s regular service rates.
C: Purchaser shall provide ITW with advance notice of any rules, regulations, statutes and requirements applicable to the Services, including any required permits and licenses, that are applicable to Purchaser’s local jurisdiction.
D: ITW may refuse, without any liability, to provide Services and to allow ITW service personnel to suspend Services or vacate any site where, in ITW’s opinion, performance of Services would pose a risk to the safety of any person. In such event, Purchaser is responsible for payment of any delay and/or travel time at ITW’s regular service rates.
E: Purchaser is solely liable for all damages or injuries caused or contributed to by Purchaser that may occur on the site, except to the extent damages or injuries are directly caused by the gross negligence or willful misconduct of ITW service personnel.
F: Purchaser must provide at least 24 hours’ notice of cancellation of any Service order. If Purchaser cancels with less than 24 hours’ notice, Purchaser is responsible for any costs incurred by ITW caused by such cancellation.
21. Compliance. Purchaser shall comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations and ordinances (“Laws”) in the performance of this Agreement. Purchaser shall be responsible for obtaining any approval, notice, license or registration required by Law, including export licenses and approvals. Purchaser warrants that it will conduct its business in an ethical and responsible manner and will comply with all applicable anti-corruption and anti-bribery Laws in the performance of this Agreement, including such Laws of the Territory, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and similar Laws of the national and local government where Purchaser’s facilities are located. Purchaser shall not, directly or indirectly, through any affiliate, third party, employee, director or agent, pay, give, offer or promise to pay, or authorize the giving, offering or payment of or any promise to pay, money or anything of value for the use or benefit of any officer or employee of a government agency or state-owned enterprise or any political party, official or candidate for a political office (each, an “Official”) for the purpose of: (i) influencing any act or decision of the Official in his or her official capacity; (ii) inducing the Official to do or omit any act in violation of his or her lawful duty; (iii) obtaining any improper advantage; or (iv) inducing an Official to use his or her influence improperly to affect or influence any act or decision.
22. Relationship of the Parties. Nothing in the Agreement or the course of dealing of the parties may be construed to constitute the parties hereto as partners, joint venturers or as agents for one another or as authorizing either party to obligate the other in any manner.
23. Force Majeure. ITW will not be responsible for failure to perform in a timely manner under the Agreement when its failure results from events beyond its reasonable control (an event of “Force Majeure”), including acts of God, epidemics, acts of war whether declared or undeclared, actions by any governmental agency or authority (whether valid or invalid), blockades, labor disputes (whether of ITW’s employees or the employees of others), raw material shortages, transportation issues and material increases in costs of raw materials. In the event of Force Majeure, the time for performance will extend for such time as reasonably necessary to enable ITW to perform.
24. Assignment; Binding Effect. No assignment of any rights or interest or delegation of any obligation of Purchaser under the Agreement or Purchaser’s purchase order may be made without ITW’s prior written consent. Any attempted assignment will be void. ITW may assign the Agreement or otherwise transfer its rights and/or obligations under the Agreement. The Agreement will inure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
25. Waiver. In the event of any default by Purchaser, ITW may decline to ship Products or provide Services. If ITW elects to continue shipping or otherwise fails to insist upon strict compliance with the Agreement, ITW’s actions will not constitute a waiver of Purchaser’s default or any other existing or future default, or affect ITW’s legal remedies.
26. Bankruptcy. If either party becomes insolvent, is unable to pay its debts when due, files for or is the subject of involuntary bankruptcy, has a receiver appointed or has its assets assigned, the other party may cancel any unfulfilled obligations hereunder.
27. Dispute Resolution. Any dispute arising out of the Agreement will be governed by and construed in accordance with by the laws of Canada, excluding its principles or laws regarding conflicts of laws and the UN CISG (as amended to date). Any dispute will be finally resolved by a panel of three arbitrators in accordance with the Rules for Arbitration of the London Court of International Arbitration. Judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrators may be entered by any court having jurisdiction thereof. The location of arbitration and the language of arbitration will be selected by ITW. Either party may apply to the arbitrators to seek injunctive relief until the arbitration award is rendered or the controversy is otherwise resolved. The award shall be final and binding on both ITW and Seller, and the parties hereby waive the right of appeal to any court for amendment or modification of the arbitrators’ award. In any action between the parties concerning any provision of the Agreement, the prevailing party is entitled, in addition to the relief granted, to a reasonable sum for their attorneys’ fees incurred in such litigation or mutually agreed upon alternative dispute resolution, provided if each party prevails in part, such fees will be allocated in the manner as the court or mediator determines to be equitable in view of the relative merits and amounts of the parties’ claims.
28. Survival. Any provisions in the Agreement which, by their nature, extend beyond the termination or expiration of any sale of Products or Services, will remain in effect until fulfilled.
29. Severability. If any provision herein is held to be unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining provisions herein will remain in effect.
30. Integration and Modification. The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between ITW and Purchaser with respect to the Products and Services covered by the Agreement, and supersedes any prior agreements, understandings, representations and quotations with respect thereto. No modification hereof will be of any effect unless in writing and signed by the party to be bound thereby.